EXPLORE ESSEX EXPANDED CAPABILITIES
MANUFACTURING SOLUTIONS PROVIDER
Essex Industries began in 1947 as a solutions provider to the aerospace and defense industry. Still a privately-owned business today, Essex has grown to become a leading supplier of custom-engineered platform controls, aircraft components, emergency breathing equipment, and liquid oxygen storage/delivery systems. Essex Platform Controls are on board nearly every US fighter, trainer, bomber, cargo aircraft, and various ground combat vehicles currently in operation worldwide. With the recent acquisition of Stevens Manufacturing in Milford, CT, Essex reaches coast to coast to better serve our customers and offer expanded capabilities in the rotorcraft market.
ROTARY AIRCRAFT APPLICATION
Essex designs and manufactures some of the most complex HMI control sticks and throttle grips, and has expanded into cyclic and collective grips, as well as complete pedestal assemblies for rotary-wing aircraft. In addition, Essex manufactures thousands of aircraft components within the fuel, hydraulic, air, and pneumatic systems. We’ve expanded our footprint and manufacturing capabilities to provide precision machined OEM parts and sub-assemblies throughout the body structure and systems of the rotary-wing aircraft.
When working with Essex, you can expect:
- 300,000+ sq/ft of Mil-Std manufacturing capabilities, Missouri, California, Connecticut
- AS-9100-D Certified - Component & Assembly for Combat/Commercial Aircraft
- Vertically Integrated - CNC Milling, Lathe, EDM Wire and Machining
- Dedicated & Certified Program Management Organization focused solely on New Product Development (NPD), using a disciplined Stage Gate Controlled processes.
Essex offers both NPD and comprehensive Build-to-Print Services, which include:
- Model-Based Enterprise data management (ASME Y14.41 techniques, TDPs in conformance with ASME Y14.47 & MIL-STD-31000B
- Rapid prototyping, in-house 3D printing
- 73+ year defense supplier experience
Contact us for the complete list of manufacturing capabilities, testing capabilities, certification/qualifications and to discuss your project requirements.